Coping with Anger with the help of CBT
Living with anger is challenging. Symptoms can range from internalised passive aggression through to explosive episodes of rage. It’s okay to seek help when needed. Speak with Danielle at Adelaide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to discuss an effective approach of CBT for Anger Management therapy.
How is Anger Effecting Your Life?
Anger is a normal and natural emotion that everyone experiences from time to time. It can serve as a signal that something is wrong or unjust, and in some situations, it can be a motivating force for positive change. However, when anger is not managed appropriately, it can become destructive and have negative consequences for individuals and those around them.
Some of the destructive aspects of chronic anger:
- Health Consequences:
- Chronic anger is associated with various health issues, including increased risk of cardiovascular problems, high blood pressure, and compromised immune function.
- Isolation and Alienation:
- People who struggle with anger management may find themselves isolated from others due to fear or discomfort around their unpredictable behavior. This isolation can exacerbate feelings of anger and contribute to a cycle of social withdrawal.
- Impact on Mental Health:
- Unmanaged anger is associated with mental health issues, including increased rates of depression and anxiety.
- Escalation of Conflict:
- Uncontrolled anger often leads to an escalation of conflicts. Arguments can become more heated, and situations can spiral out of control, resulting in more damage and hurt feelings.
- Physical Aggression:
- In extreme cases, uncontrolled anger can lead to physical aggression or violence. This poses a significant risk to both the individual experiencing anger and those around them.
- Impact on Children and Family Dynamics:
- Children exposed to chronic anger within the family may experience emotional distress and negative impacts on their well-being. Family dynamics can be disrupted, leading to a challenging and unhealthy environment.
Cognitive Behavior Therapy CBT for Anger Management
It’s important to recognize the signs of destructive anger and seek help if needed. Professional interventions, such as anger management therapy or counseling, can provide people with effective strategies for managing anger in healthier ways and preventing the negative consequences associated with uncontrolled anger.
Speak with Danielle at Adelaide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to discuss an effective approach of CBT for Anger Management.
CBT for Anger management in Adelaide
Sessions are offered in-person for those living in the Adelaide Area or Online if preferred. Therapy includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT, Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy helping important messages hit home within the subconscious mind, allowing for positive shifts to take place.
CBT & HYPNOTHERAPY WITH DANIELLE
Danielle is dedicated to empowering clients to restore a natural state of calm, balance and wellness within themselves.
By adopting a person centred approach Danielle guides each client on their own highly personal healing journey.
SESSIONS ARE HELD:
In her comfortable and calming treatment room conveniently located in Payneham, South Australia with access to off-street parking.
Alternatively clients can choose to have sessions on Zoom in the comfort of their own home.