Dying for a beautiful bowl of pasta, but trying to avoid carbs? Trying to eat cleaner and healthier? This Raw Zoodle with Almond Sauce Recipe will set you up for an indulgent lunch recipe idea that’s not only delicious but super easy and fast to make.
The best thing about this recipe is the sauce. I hope you’ll try it out and leave your comments below. The garlicky, sweet-sesame and nutty flavours combination just works. Even if you’re a raw food sceptic, you’ll enjoy this meal.
You can use any zucchini you want, and serve it as tagliatelle slices as I’ve done here. It’s easy to achieve by simply peeling the zucchini with a potato peeler. If you prefer spaghetti shaped noodles the I. use the Zoodle Ninja attachment, but any spiralizer does the job.
A tablespoon of coconut oil solidified will add to the smooth creaminess of the sauce if you don’t mind the coconut flavours.
If you don’t have almond milk, you can also use oat milk, hazelnut milk, or soy milk. If you have nut allergies, you can still make this sauce by adding ¼ cup of raw oats. The flavours will still work really well and the oats will also help achieve the creamy consistency.
The best thing about this recipe is that you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to make something delicious. And there’s hardly any mess to clean up!
Health Benefits: Raw Zoodles with Almond Sauce
- Zucchini, although technically a fruit, Zucchinis are high in Vitamin A which supports the eyes and the immune system.
- Almonds are high in Vitamin E and loaded with antioxidants with help to protect your cells from damage caused by oxidation. Studies show promise that Vitamin E lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Sesame seeds are a great source of fibre and plant based protein. Some studies have also shown that eating sesame seeds daily can lower blood pressure for those suffering from hypertension, however more clinical trials are needed.
- Parsley is a powerful source of antioxidants; flavonoids, carotenoids and vitamin C. Having a diet rich in plant based antioxidants may help prevent cell damage and increase your bodies resistance to many diseases.
- High speed food Processor or blender
- Potato peeler or spiralizer
- 1 each zucchini
- .25 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- .25 cup almond milk
- .50 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 each garlic clove
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- With the help of the potato peeler or spiralizer, peel the zucchini in the form of tagliatelle pasta.
- Let the zoodles sit in the bowl while you prepare the filling.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor add the raw almonds, almond milk, salt, sesame seeds, garlic clove, Dijon mustard and coconut oil.
- Blitz until smooth and well mixed.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce in the zucchini pieces and mix until everything is coated in the almond sauce.
- Serve in plate, add more sauce on top and decorate with freshly chopped parsley and chili flakes