If you are craving a tasty salad that is easy to make and supports your, you are in the right place. I know that we all live busy lives, and we want something quick and super delicious to fill our batteries. This simple salad has been boosted with mixed seeds and is everything you’ll need to compliment your lunch or dinner.
Fast and processed food is not the best option to energise us and help us to get through day. Your body needs the enzymes from fresh, uncooked foods to assist it to digest and breakdown the cooked foods in every meal. Today I’m sharing a super refreshing salad with mixed seeds that will keep you full for a long time.
My favourite part of this salad with mixed seeds is the lemon and olive oil dressing. It’s enhanced with the aroma of dried oregano and fresh garlic. This delicious lemon and olive oil dressing is refreshing and gives the salad it’s. zing. And if you like a bit of crunch in your salad, you are going to get that from the mixed seeds.
I used a combination of soybeans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and pine nuts for the mixed seeds. All of these nuts and seeds give a crunchy earthy taste to this salad boosting the antioxidant value.
The best part is that it is ready in just 5 minutes.
Health Benefits: Green Side Salad with Mixed Seeds & Lemon Dressing
- Lettuce is a rich source of Vitamin C, Calcium, and Potassium – aiding in healthy teeth and bones.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in B complex vitamins that support a healthy nervous system.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in antioxidants and magnesium and are know to improve heart health.
- Lemon juice is high in Vitamin C and also helps to alkaline the body by neutralising excess acids.
- Carrots are known as a rich source of beta-carotene great for skin and eye health.
Green Side Salad with Mixed Seeds & Lemon Dressing
- 3 cups Lettuce Chopped
- 1 medium Carrot Peeled and diced.
- 1 each Spring onion Diced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- .5 each Lemon Juiced
- .5 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 clove Fresh garlic Diced and crushed
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper To taste
- In your salad serving bowl add the lettuce, diced carrot and onion.
- Sprinkle the mixed seeds on top.
- In a smaller bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until combined and toss the salad with the lemon juice and olive oil dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.