This is by far the most fun and tastiest ways to enjoy fruit and good serve of healthy fats. It’s a recipe that you will have to try for yourself, because you probably won’t believe me when I say this taste is so similar, if not the same as chocolate ice cream! This Chocolate Banana Ice Cream AKA Nice-cream recipe will change your life!
Yes, that’s right, I am here to tell you that you can now enjoy chocolate ice cream for breakfast. The addition of some natural peanut butter and cacao nibs turns this bowl into a delicious, choc chip ice cream bowl.
If you have kids that you struggle to get fruit into, this recipe is for you! if you have a sweet tooth yourself and you want to feel guilt free about ice-cream, this is for you. When I first learned how to make nice-cream I think I ate it every day for two years straight. In summer especially, there’s something magical about getting creative with your smoothie bowls. Let those natural sugars fulfil your nutritional needs.
I promise your body will praise you for starting your day off with a decent 2-3 servings of fruit, the natural sugars in bananas and dates will kick start your metabolism. Also, your brain, which runs off carbohydrates will reward you with clear, sharp thinking! Check out my latest post ‘The Effects of Natural and Artificial Sweeteners on your Body” to find out more on healthy and unhealthy sugars.
This doesn’t just have to be a breakfast meal, nice-cream can also be treated as a dessert. It is 10 times more healthy than any ice cream you will find!
Health Benefits: Chocolate Banana Nice-cream Recipe
- Bananas contain several essential nutrients and play an important role in digestion, heart health and weight loss.
- Cacao powder contains polyphenols, which are linked to many health benefits such as inflammation reduction and lower blood pressure.
- Hemp seeds are rich in healthy fats, protein and minerals. Studies suggest that because of their high gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), they may help reduce menopause symptoms.
I prefer to buy the extra ripe bananas on special at my local grocer. Sometimes I’ll buy up to 13 kilos at once! Then I’ll bring the spotty, sweet bananas home, peel their skin and store them in the freezer so I can make nice cream for months on end.
- food processor
- 1 Bananas Frozen
- 2 tsp Cacao Powder
- 2 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 1/5 cup Plant Based Milk soy, oat, almond, rice, nut, coconut etc…
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds optional
- 1 tsp Cacao Nibs optional
- Blend the frozen bananas, cacao powder, dates and milk in a high speed blender or bullet.
- Place in a bowl and top with peanut butter, hemp seeds and cacao nibs
- Serve and enjoy!